Saturday, June 12, 2010

Yard Sale SUCCESS!! How to run a successful sale and shut the skepics up & then some!I go

WOOOOHOOOO!! My own PERSONAL Yard Sale fundraiser was a HUGE success today!! With the help of donated items from friends and my adoring husband's grunt work, we were able to make, in only 4 hours,.........drum rolllllllllll

$615!!

Awesome!!
My goal was $400-500. If I made that, then I would have chalked it up to being a decent success. But I surpassed that by $115 despite what my VERY skeptical husband thought. He kept telling me "there was nooooo wayyyy anyone was going to pay the prices I was asking, they usually come out for cheap, cheap, cheap stuff. They won't want the bigger things we had to offer @ a yard sale. I would have to craigslist those to get anything"...BLAH,BLAH, BLAH BLAH!

Well I persevered.

I put an ad in the paper, on craigslist, on facebook, on our local tv station web yard sale tracker. I made big colorful signs with balloons and posted them @ the entrances to our neighborhood with smaller directional signs to our house. I put out coffee, muffins, & bottled water.

I advertised that we took credit cards as well. So that even though we had larger more expensive items, people would be more apt to come out and look knowing they had an alternative way to pay.

I canvassed my neighborhood with fliers letting my neighbors know that we were having a yard sale so if they wanted to put stuff out I could call it a neighborhood sale, which they did.

I let my friends know I was having a sale and what it was for asking for them to donate stuff that they did not want or need. They did!!

I started mine @ 6 instead of 7 since there were alot of sales in our area just to get a jump start on the others and I did. Everyone else was @ 7 & 8.

I didn't price anything, just let people either ask or make an offer.

It was FANTASTIC!! We had very steady traffic all morning. I sold 90% of the big items and most for about the mid-range price I wanted.

Well, I couldn't have been happier with the success. Never underestimate sheer will, determination and above all else God" Anything is possible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment